Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Unable to start in debug mode(VS.Net)

I was working on my project as usuall. And found that one of my database query is not returning any row(s). I checked the query and found that there was a date parameter in WHERE clause due to which I was unable to get the data. So I reset the clock on my system to one month back i.e when it was 01-May it reset it to 01-Apr. After doing this system change I was unable to start the VS.Net project in debug mode. First I didn't realize the fact that it is due to change in my system clock. I kept trying to understand what the heck is wrong. Finally I reset back the date to 01-May, but still I am facing the same issue. If I start the application by pressing F11, I get the following message box.




Then I deleted the folded bin & obj listed under the root of project folder, and thats it things are sorted out.

This behaviour looks like is very specific to C# Console application, I tried to simulate with VB.NET Windows App. I couldn't recreate the issue.

No comments:

About Me

By profession I am a Database Administrator (DBA) with total 13 yrs. of experience in the field of Information Technology, out of that 9 yrs as SQL DBA and last 3 years in IBM System i/iSeries and DB2 LUW 9. I have handled Developer, plus production support roles, and I like both the roles. I love and live information technology hence the name "Techonologyyogi" Apart from that I am a small, retail investor, with small investments in India and United States in the form of Equity holdings via common stocks. Don't ask me if I have made money, I have been loosing money in stocks.